Originally from Northern England, Alan Norsworthy has been a photographer since the late 1960's.

He moved to Canada in 1973 and has made Guelph Ontario his home for the last 24 years.

" I remember visiting the CN Tower in the early 70's and the guide said that as far as you could see in any direction is the best farmland in Canada. That comment echoes down the years as I watch subdivisions eat up the landscape."

The area around Guelph offers up a plethora of rural images which Alan captures with his artistic vision. His work covers everything from macro photographs of flowers, sweeping landscapes, historic buildings and old abandoned farms in both colour and Black and White.

"This is where I find my inspiration, I have a need to show people the beauty I see as I walk the woods and fields of Southern Ontario"


Sunday, April 5, 2015

Just once more ..


















 

.. could also be "an ode to my dog" ...

Instead of a 'photo of the week' I went back to November of last year when I was able to catch Winter sleeping on the couch.

Snow !
I don't know who was more excited Winter or me.

One more time we were able to walk in a chill morning with snow underfoot, the trails silent except for Winters panting, my huffing and puffing and the occasional bird making himself known.

Through the trails, across the school yard to the pond; following the stream back around. It was then that I heard it, I think Winter did too but chose to ignore it, that unmistakable plaintiff cry of the Kildeer and then there they were, a pair circling above.
A welcome sight but another harbinger of Spring.

A Spring that we had forgotten about on this delightful winter morning...

I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that”. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

No comments: