Originally from Northern England, Alan Norsworthy has been a photographer since the late 1960's.

He moved to Canada in 1973 and has made Guelph Ontario his home for the last 24 years.

" I remember visiting the CN Tower in the early 70's and the guide said that as far as you could see in any direction is the best farmland in Canada. That comment echoes down the years as I watch subdivisions eat up the landscape."

The area around Guelph offers up a plethora of rural images which Alan captures with his artistic vision. His work covers everything from macro photographs of flowers, sweeping landscapes, historic buildings and old abandoned farms in both colour and Black and White.

"This is where I find my inspiration, I have a need to show people the beauty I see as I walk the woods and fields of Southern Ontario"


Sunday, April 12, 2015

The Joy of Seeing ..




























https://www.flickr.com/photos/ajn_photography/16846138579/

I was thinking about a quote from a friend this last week and realised it does sum me up.

"I think you are a man who can find interest and pleasure and be in the moment, so you only need to take Winter for a walk……the rest of us have to go to Europe.”

While I love to travel,
to see,
to explore,
to learn
and
to know

She is right; I don't have to go very far and it is oh so true, I can find pleasure in the most benign of things.

Several weeks ago I picked some fallen Milkweed; old, stark, weather beaten though they are I keep returning to them and draw and paint them trying to capture their essence.
Fascinated by their structure.
And while doing this I wonder just how many people walk right by them and if they think of them at all they regard them as 'weeds' ..

Oh but here on my desk they are beginning to reawaken, the few remaining seeds are opening, and deploying their little parachutes, waiting for a breeze to send them off on their journey, fulfilling the promise.

I see this happening before my eyes and wait for the story to unfold...

"The real voyage of discovery consists of not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." - Marcel Proust

No comments: